Thanks to everyone who checked out our first episode. We got some great feedback and are so grateful for all the encouragement.
Episode 2 is now available for download to your favorite podcast manager. (Need help? Here’s how on Android or iOS devices via iTunes.) In this episode, we talk loved and hated holiday rituals, play a game inspired by a loved and hated hymn, and shed the ambivalence in Green Shoots, our segment about new life breaking into our lives in unexpected ways.
What kind of show notes would these be without links? Here’s our running list:
- Jason’s “Make Something Day” article on Sojourners
- I Sing a Song of the Saints of God – the children’s book, based on the hymn of same name
- Caine’s Arcade – “a cardboard arcade made by a 9-year-old boy”
- Soul Pancake – “open your mind, challenge your friends, and feel damn good”
- Videos for Your Soul – An inspiring video for each day of Lent (curated by Randall)
- Playing God: Redeeming the Gift of Power, by Andy Crouch
- Canva.com: Browser-based graphic design tool
And, as promised, photos from Randall’s and Kyle’s stories, which we won’t (otherwise) spoil here:
Like the show? Drop us a line by email, on Facebook, on Twitter, or in the comments. We’re in the iTunes store and Podkicker directory and are hoping to be in other podcasting directories soon. You can also subscribe with this link.
Randall Curtis (@randallcurtis), Jason Evans (@jasonevans), Lisa Kimball (@kimball_lisa), and Kyle Oliver (@kmoliver) are four friends who work for the church but not in a church. They get together a couple times a month to talk about the stuff that matters to them: faith, culture, learning, and service.